The school was established in 1987 as a farm school and accommodated in a farmhouse. Even though it was a farm school, was registered with the former Department of Education and Training in the same year. Lessons were conducted under the trees and two teachers were paid by the government.
Presently, the school is situated within a squatter camp called Tsietsi, along Old Nigel – Kliprivier Road, Phase 6, Extension 9, Palmridge. The school presently caters for 1652 learners and has 42 teaching staff, 3 administrative staff and 5 general workers. The grades that are offered from the school are Grade R to Grade 7 and has 30 fabricated/corrugated iron classrooms. The average number of learners per class in foundation phase is +- 45 learners, and in intermediate phase is +- 50 learners. All educators are duly qualified and paid by the state.